Words From The Center, Words From The Edge is proud to announce that it will be hosting the 13th Feminist SF Carnival on May 3rd. The deadline for submissions is April 29th!
Please submit via emailing me at 13thFeministSFCarnival@gmail.com or through this submission form. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or leave a comment. Looking for posts on TV, Movies, Books, Comics, Writing SF or Fantasy, etc. Art is welcome as well. Guidelines from the website:
Some Basic Guidelines:
– All Weblog Postings on Science Fiction and Fantasy works in all media (books, comic books, television, film, roleplaying tabletop games and video games) written from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Fan fiction written from a Feminist Perspective is eligible.
– Posts about fan fiction written from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Posts about conventions and fan gatherings of a Feminist nature are eligible.
– Posts about conventions and fan gatherings written from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Posts about any science fiction or fantasy fandom written from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Posts linking to news and announcements are eligible, so long as they pertain specifically to the Feminist Sci-Fi Fantasy community.
– Considerations about science fiction/fantasy news from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Analysis of non-Feminist works from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Rants about any of the above written from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Posts which spell “Space” using 3 A’s and two exclamation points and are written from a Feminist Perspective are eligible.
– Posts about Green-Skinned Amazons (from Outer Spaaace!) with more than two breasts that are not written from a Feminist Perspective will not be eligible (and if they aren’t damned funny,* will be reproduced for mockery).
– Posts about Getting Your Girlfriend into [specific type of fandom] had also better be damned funny. If written from a Feminist Perspective (even tongue-in-cheek), they will be eligible.
*Sexist and/or homophobic does not equal damned funny, nor does it constitute anything approaching a Feminist Perspective.
I would really like to get submissions from people who haven’t been featured in the carnival before (but repeat submitters are of course welcome!) Also since the Hugo’s are in Nippon this year I think it would be great to get at least a few non-Western feminist views on Science-Fiction & Fantasy (though of course everyone is welcome!). Also looking for posts that discuss the intersection of race/class/sexuality/ableism/etc. within SF from a feminist perspective (but again and I cannot stress this enough all articles about SF from a Feminist perspective are welcome!). Hope to hear from you all soon.
Feel free to repost and link all over the place!